Free Write
i think i want to pursue a masters for all the wrong reasons. Why?
1. I see it as a way out of this job i do not enjoy.
2. I want to take a break from working.
3. I want to move back to CA. ( i can't believe that I am actually admiting it)
But then I look back at the goals that I set for myself before I started this job and I think I do want to pursue a masters for the right reasons. Because there is so much to learn in the field of nutrition (such a cliche response). I admire those who stay in clinical dietetics because I don't think I am cut out to do it long term. I prefer to focus on preventing someone from getting to the point where their chronic disease has caused them to be hospitalized. I enjoy an environment where nutrition is of first priority. The hospital was a wonderful place to learn but what i realized is that a. a patient just wants to get better and leave (which i do not blame them) , nutrition/ eating healthy is the last thing on their mind (at least for most patients), b. sometimes patients think that because I am from the nutritoin department, I am responsible for cooking unpalatable hospital food. c. Sometimes my recommendations are not taken into consideration or i have a feeling my notes are not being read...
*sigh*
im trying to write this personal statement and formulating why i want to go to grad school and why they should pick me is difficult especially when i dont think i really stand out. Until this personal statement is finished this blog is going to serve as free writes to get my writing juices flowing

2 Comments:
yay you're updating again...
man im so on the same boat as you when it comes to personal statements...and i've been working on mine since May!!!!
anyway good luck and see you back in CA soon =)
Way to go, free writes definitely help and I already like what you wrote about what you want to do and what area you want to focus on. The ideas are coming along!
Don't worry okay! Remember you told me you'd try to "reduce" the stress? So do it! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home